9.7.11

First Wheels

Unlike K-star I don't have a fantastic picture of me on my first bike (Unless you count, uh, the rest of this blog- 'cause, you know, Florence is close enough to being my first bike...) Anyway, while digging through old photos I came across this fantastic picture of my mum, my aunty, their cousin, and their superb bike and scooters.

Photobucket
From a time before the "slip-slop-slap" rap...

I was once told by my mum of a time when the three kids decided to take the bike, a scooter, and a billie cart up to the top of the massive hill their street was on. They tied the three vehicles together with a bungee cord and took off down the hill. The billie cart, without brakes, soon flew ahead of the scooter and bike, and managed to overturn- onto the rough gravel road! Somehow they escaped with their skins intact...

Do you remember adventures on your first bike? Were you reckless and fearless? Have any accidents? Did you live at the top of a hill and feel tempted to race down? Share your photos and stories, we'd love to hear them...

j.xoxo

No comments: